What can I do to improve my health, Doc?

 As a general practitioner, I treat patients throughout their lives, from birth to death. Apart from supporting patients with their health problems, I have always promoted the benefits of good nutrition and regular physical activity. A few weeks ago, motivated by Blood Pressure Monitoring in Edmonton from a heart attack, one of my patients accepted my offer to improve his lifestyle. Being very active at a young age, he has many ideas on how to increase his physical activity. Where she wants help is on the diet side.


I told him the following. I think many others may find these tips helpful.






You can get a physical activity tracker Edmonton South Medical Facilities On the nutrition side - I often suggest that people track their diet on My Fitness Pal or other food journal app for a day or two to find out where your problem lies.

Additionally, here are some fast food tips that I share with patients in my practice:


Make sure you have fruit as part of your breakfast. Most people don't do this. However, if you plan to eat 7-10 servings of vegetables or fruit every day, you should start with breakfast.

Pack your own lunch instead of eating out. You usually will never make a lunch that has as many calories as you buy at a fast food restaurant.

If you work from home, try eating a large salad instead of a sandwich. Add cheese or chickpeas for protein instead of meat.

Side Servings - Don't go back for a while and avoid filling your kids or partner's plates.

Make sure you drink plenty of water. Drinking water can help you feel full when you eat less.

as Dr. Tim Caulfield, author of The Cure for Everything, suggested in a 2014 post that 50 percent of your diet should be real fruit or vegetables. Real fruit or vegetables come unpackaged and unprocessed. Juice doesn't count. Like  medical heart in Alberta cardiology, assistant professor at the University of Ottawa, I also see juice as a pop drink (with more vitamins).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical heart in Alberta cardiology || Alberta Cardiology

Medical Tests For Heart Alberta Cardiology || Alberta Cardiology

Medical Cardiologist in Edmonton | Dr. Sunrinder Khinda 2022